MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - According to Chief Bruce Arnel of Myrtle Beach Fire, a maintenance worker in a pool chemical room inadvertently mixed some non compatible pool chemicals and was overcome by the reaction. He was transported as a precautionary measure. The incident happened around 10:30 a.m.
The pool chemical room and two floors above it, were isolated. The rooms were also evacuated as a precaution. It was determined that no chemical cloud or anything of that nature was present outside of the room. The incident remains relatively minor and everything is now back to normal.