First Alert Weather Radio Giveaway Contest Rules
The First Alert Weather Team wants to help our viewers be prepared for anything this Hurricane Season. So, they are giving away a Midland Weather Radio to a lucky fan on Facebook.
For a chance to win, just like the WMBF First Alert Weather Team on Facebook, then share the Weather Radio Giveaway post and leave a comment! The last person to leave a comment on the post when the contest ends will win the radio! Good luck! We will contact the winner via Facebook.
Important: You must like the WMBF First Alert Weather page on Facebook, like it, then locate the Weather Radio Giveaway post on the WMBF News Facebook page, share it, and comment on it for a chance to win.
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
First Alert Weather Radio Giveaway Contest
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WMBF News. The promotion begins on July 2, 2014. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Horry County, Georgetown County, Marion County, Williamsburg County, Dillon County, Florence County, Darlington County, Marlboro County, Chesterfield County, Lee County, Robeson County, Scotland County, Columbus County, and Brunswick County, and 18 years of age. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WMBF News, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning on July 8 9, 2014, a person 18 years or older, can go online to WMBF First Alert Weather Fan Page, Like it, look for the Weather Radio Giveaway post on the WMBF News Faecbook page, and share and comment on the post for a chance to win. Entry forms are not applicable to this promotion and are not necessary to win.
4. How to Win Prize winner will be selected at random. The last person to comment on the Weather Radio Giveaway post will be the grand prize winner. All decisions of the judges shall be final. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded.
5. Prizes. One (1) Midland Weather Radio will be given as the grand prize to one (1) winner in this contest. Additional conditions and restrictions may apply.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. One grand prize winner will be notified by a Facebook message that they are the winner. Prize winners will be required to claim their prize within seven (7) days of date of attempted notification by signing and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. In the event (i) required documents are not returned within 2 days (ii) mail is returned as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address (iii) a telephone notification is not confirmed to Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours or (iv) winner can't attend on the date specified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining entries. Any portion of any prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited. Upon forfeiture for any reason as stated herein, no compensation shall be given.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Appropriate identification is required to claim a prize.
8. Winner representatives will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature.
9. Each winner representative agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner representative acknowledges that WMBF News, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner representative's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
10. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases WMBF News, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
11. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WMBF News. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WMBF News are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).