MURRELLS INLET, SC (WMBF) - Five patients were transported to area hospitals after too much chlorine leaked into a pool at Wachesaw Plantation East on Riverwood Drive.
Several emergency crews responded to the scene to assess the situation, according to Gary Mocarski with the Murrells Inlet-Garden City Fire Department.
A malfunction of the dispensing pump resulted in an excess of chlorine leaking into an indoor pool at Wachesaw Plantation East.
Five patients experienced respiratory and skin irritations as a result of the malfunction.
Four patients were transported to Waccamaw Community Hospital, one patient went to Georgetown Hospital in Murrells Inlet.
Assistant Fire Chief Haney with the Murrells Inlet-Garden City Fire Department said the injuries seemed to be non-life threatening.
Emergency crews from Midway Fire also assisted.