MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue was called to Myrtle Beach Primary and Elementary Schools for a generator smoking Friday afternoon.
There was a surge in a transformer for the elementary school and primary school, says MBFR Battalion Chief Tom Gwyer. The emergency generators kicked on, causing the lights to flicker on and off.
Fire fighters walked around with maintenance to locate problem. Santee Cooper found a problem at the transfer.
The high school and middle school were checked, and there were no problems, Chief Gwyer said.
The busses for Myrtle Beach Primary and Elementary Schools were already lined up for dismissal, Chief Gwyer said that students continued with dismissal as planned.