MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - With continued low temperatures and icy conditions across the inland area, schools, government offices, and other locations and events are announcing several cancellations, delays and closures for Friday, February 14.
SCHOOL CLOSURES for Friday, February 14:
- Coker College will be closed Friday, February 14 due to inclement weather. All classes have been canceled, including all ALPHA off-site locations. Dining services will remain open.
- All Darlington County School District schools and district offices will be closed Friday, February 14 due to inclement weather. All after school activities and sports scheduled for tonight and tomorrow night have been canceled.
- Dillon Christian School will close on Friday, February 14.
- Dillon School District 4 announced there will be no school or school activities on Friday, February 14.
- Emmanuel Christian School (Hartsville) will not have school on Friday, February 14.
- Faith Christian Academy in Florence will be closed Friday.
- Florence County School District 1 will be closed on Friday. The school will also be closed on Monday for winter break and will re-open Tuesday, February 18.
- Florence County School District 2 will be closed Friday, February 14 due to inclement weather. A decision about Monday will be made at 11 am Friday.
- Florence County School District 3 will be closed for students and staff on Friday, February 14.
- Florence County School District 4 will be closed on Friday, February 14.
- Francis Marion University will be closed to students on Friday. Administrative and support personnel are asked to report at noon.
- Due to widespread power outages in the county - including more than half of the district's schools having no electricity - Georgetown County School District will be closed for students on Friday, February 14. All 240- and 220-day employees should report to work by 10 a.m. School will return to a regular schedule on Tuesday, February 18.
- ALL Horry County schools will open on a regular schedule Friday, Feb. 14, except for the following schools which will be closed: Aynor Elementary School, Midland Elementary School, Aynor Middle School, Aynor High School, Green Sea Floyds Elementary School and Green Sea Floyds High School. Bus transportation will not run in the Aynor and Green Sea Floyds attendance areas for any students on Friday.
- Maranatha Christian School in Florence will be closed on Friday, Feb. 14.
- Marion County Schools will be closed on Friday, February 14.
- Marlboro County School District has determined a need to cancel school for students and staff for Friday, February 14, 2014.
- Northeastern Technical College in Cheraw, Dillon and Bennettsville will be closed on Friday, Feb. 14 due to inclement weather. All day and evening classes for Friday are canceled.
- Thomas Hart Academy, Hartsville: Closed Friday, Feb. 14. After school childcare program closed. All activities canceled.
- Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School in Darlington will be closed on Friday, February 14.
- Virginia College in Florence - Due to inclement weather, the Campus will be closed on Friday 2/14/14 to all students, staff and faculty.
- City of Darlington offices will open at 10 am on Friday, February 14. Thursday's Garbage collection will resume Friday and continue on Saturday. Recycling pick-up will continue as normal on Friday. The Darlington Area Recreation Department has rescheduled its Daddy Daughter Dance for Saturday. Time is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- All Darlington County Government Offices will open at 12 noon Friday, Feb. 14th. Employees should report to work at 11am, and bring lunch or eat before you report to work.
- McLeod Family Medicine Health & Fitness, the office of Dr. Burnett and Dr. Mohr, is closed Thursday and Friday. The office will reopen Monday, February 17.
This story will be updated as more closures are announced. For Thursday's closings and delays, visit: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24703521/thursday