NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Many city's, towns and counties have plans in place, or are working to put plans in place to assist residents in clearing the fallen tree limbs resulting from the winter storm.
If you live in North Myrtle Beach, the city's sanitation department will pick up fallen tree limbs placed on curbside.
North Myrtle Beach property owners may place their cut tree limbs at curbside. The city will not pick up tree trunks, cut or otherwise.
The city will also not pick up work done by professional tree services; they must haul away their own work.
Myrtle Beach has similar guidelines, and will be picking up debris during the regular route. Friday, the city will reassess the situation to decide if additional pick-ups are necessary.
At anytime, you can drop off yard debris to the recycling centers throughout Horry County.
"We will be picking up debris in the county right-of-ways on county maintained roads just like SCDOT will do on state roads," explained Lisa Bourcier, a spokesperson for Horry County.
However, the county does not provide curbside services as the unincorporated millage pays for all the recycling centers throughout Horry County.
The City of Florence has a set yard waste collection routine. Days of pickup vary depending on what area of the city residents are located in.
Staffed Drop-off Sites that accept yard trimmings:
- Jackson Bluff Road, off SC 544, Conway - (843) 347-1277 - CLOSED Tuesday
- Loris, 1485 Business Hwy. 9 E, Loris - (843) 756-2277 - CLOSED Wednesday
- Homewood, 4146 Hwy. 701 N., Conway - (843) 365-7338 - CLOSED Tuesday
- Duford, 4439 Pinckney Rd., Nichols - (843) 392-9792 - CLOSED Sunday, Wednesday and Friday
- Bucksport, 7966 South Hwy. 701, Conway - (843) 397-9792 - CLOSED Sunday and Wednesday
- Browntown, Hwy. 548, Conway - (843) 365-6156 - CLOSED Wednesday; *opens Friday at 1 p.m.
- Recycle Road, 250 Recycle Rd., Conway - (843) 365-8277 - CLOSED Wednesday
- Landfill, 1886 Hwy. 90, Conway - (843) 347-1406
This site has a Hazardous Household Materials Facility that is open to residents on the third Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. and Monday - Friday by appointment. Accepted items include fluorescent lamps and rechargeable batteries. Call (843) 347-1651 for a complete list of items.
- Socastee, 5644 Socastee Blvd., Myrtle Beach - (843) 903-5792
- North Myrtle Beach, 764 Hwy. 90, N. Myrtle Beach - (843) 399-4277 - CLOSED Wednesday
- McDowell Shortcut, off Hwy. 707 - (843) 651-2771 - CLOSED Tuesday
- Aynor, 4420 Hwy. 501, Aynor - (843) 358-3277 - CLOSED Tuesday - *opens Thursday at 1 p.m.
- Brooksville, 2493 Hwy. 111, Little River - (843) 399-6282 - CLOSED Tuesday and Thursday
- Dorman's, 7073 Adrian Hwy., Conway - (843) 365-9048 - CLOSED Wednesday and Sunday; *opens Friday at 1 p.m.
- Mount Olive, 5795 Hwy. 9 W, Mt. Olive - (843) 392-1277 - CLOSED Tuesday
- Toddville, 5980 Flossie Rd., Conway - (843) 397-1449 - CLOSED Tuesday and Thursday
- Red Bluff, 755 Hwy. 905, Conway - (843) 365-2770 - CLOSED Tuesday
- Kate's Bay Road, 4951 Kate's Bay Rd., Conway - (843) 397-4277 - CLOSED Tuesday
- Dog Bluff, 2694 Dog Bluff Rd., Galivant's Ferry - (843) 358-9792 - CLOSED Sunday and Wednesday; *opens Friday at 1 p.m.
- Ketchuptown, 8740 Lake Swamp Rd., Ketchuptown - (843) 392-2277 - CLOSED Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Longs, 797 Hwy. 9 North, Longs - (843) 399-5277 - CLOSED Tuesday
- Sarvis, 2583 Hwy. 45, Loris - (843) 756-5824 - CLOSED Tuesday and Thursday
- Carolina Forest, International Drive - (843) 903-4792 - CLOSED Thursday