Crews fight fire in Barefoot Resort

NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Fire crews in the North Myrtle Beach area have extinguished a house fire in Barefoot Resort.

The North Myrtle Beach Department of Public Safety issued the NIXLE alert just before 8 p.m. The structure fire was on Little Egret Road, and the road was shut down near Marsh Glen Road for a short time.

"The fire started in the kitchen, possibly as a grease fire, and then spread to the attic space above the kitchen. The fire is now out," said city spokesman Pat Dowling.

Fire damage was limited to the kitchen and attic space above the kitchen, but the rest of the home suffered from smoke damage.

Copyright 2014 WMBF News. All rights reserved.