HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - A winter storm warning for inland Horry County, the Pee Dee and Border belt regions is in effect until Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.
For closings and delays on Wednesday, February 12, click here:
As another severe winter storm moves into the area, this web page will be updated with the latest delays and closings:
Tuesday, February 11th SCHOOL CLOSINGS
- Night classes on Tuesday, Feb. 11 are canceled at Coastal Carolina University. Classes resume and offices reopen at noon on Wednesday, Feb. 12.
- Darlington County School District: All schools will release early, and all after school activities, including all sporting events, scheduled today or tonight for the Darlington County School District have been canceled.
- Dillon School District 4 announced there be no school or school activities on Tuesday, February 11, and Wednesday, February 12. A decision will be forthcoming for Thursday, February 13.
- According to district officials, Dillon School District 3 has canceled school for Tuesday and Wednesday due to the severe weather storm approaching this area.
- Emmanuel Christian School in Hartsville will dismiss at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday.
-Marion County School District will be releasing students early than previously stated. Elementary schools will be dismissed at 10:30 a.m. and the middle and high schools will be dismissed at 11:00 a.m., today.
- Marlboro County School District has canceled school for students and staff for Tuesday, Feb. 11, and Wednesday, Feb. 12. A decision for Thursday will be made by 3 p.m. Wednesday, district officials announced.
- Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School in Darlington, SC will dismiss at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, February 11.
- "Florence-Darlington Technical College is closing early Tuesday for all students, staff and faculty because of the threat of icy weather. Classes will end at 11 a.m.," district officials stated in a news release.
- Faith Christian Academy in Florence will operate on half day schedule tomorrow, according to Principal Audrey Streit.
- Emmanuel Christian School in Hartsville will dismiss at 11:45 a.m. on Tuesday, February 11.
- Thomas Hart Academy in Hartsville will dismiss at 12 p.m. on Tuesday, February 11th. The after school program will be closed.
- According to Virginia College in Florence officials: ALL 8:00am and 10:00am classes will be in session on Tuesday 2/11/14. Please plan to attend your 8:00am and 10:00am classes.
Due to the impending inclement weather, all 12:30pm, 5:00pm, 6:00pm and 8:00pm classes have been canceled for Tuesday 2/11/14. All staff and salaried employees should plan for a regular workday.
-Coker College will be closing at 12:30 p.m. today. All classes, including ALPHA, will be canceled for on-and off-site locations.
- "Due to the expected inclement weather in the area, classes at Francis Marion University will end at 12:35 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 11, and the university will close at 1 p.m. All extracurricular activities for the afternoon and evening are also canceled. The university's dining hall will remain open," according to an e-mail from a college representative.
- Limestone College has canceled night classes for Tuesday, February 11th at the following extended campus sites...Gaffney, Greer, Florence, and Kingstree. All other locations will be open.
- Horry County Schools made the following announcement online Tuesday morning:
"After assessing weather and road conditions this morning, HCS has determined that we will operate on a regular schedule today, February 11. We will continue to monitor conditions throughout the morning."
- Aynor Middle School, All Tuesday (February 11, 2014) afternoon activities (Academic Tutoring, Sports, Valentine's Dance, Pageant Practice, etc.) have been canceled.
- The Coker men's and women's basketball games scheduled for Wednesday (Feb. 12) have been rescheduled to Monday (Feb. 16) due to inclement weather conditions.
- The Coker women's lacrosse game scheduled for Thursday (Feb. 13) against Furman has been postponed due to inclement weather. No make-up game has been scheduled at this time.
- Due to inclement weather, City of Florence Planning Commission meeting that was scheduled for tonight at 6:30pm, has been canceled. Next regularly scheduled meeting is March 11, 2014.
- All Florence YMCA classes and practices have been canceled due the weather this Tuesday evening, including swim lessons, PYSCES, group fitness classes, Tae Kwon Do, and youth soccer. Child Watch and the Youth Activity Center (YAC) will not be available Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Find a complete list of open and closed government offices here: http://www.scemd.org/closings