Who to call when the power goes out

With winter weather heading to the Carolinas, it's important to know who to call when you need them. In the event of a power outage, here are the numbers you need to know.

Santee Cooper:

In the event of a power outage, visit http://bit.ly/1fiiWlv or call 888-769-7688.

Horry Electric Co-op:

To report an outage, call automated Outage Reporting System PowerTouch at 843-369-2212.

Horry Electric has also posted an online FAQ answering common questions when the power goes out: http://www.horryelectric.com/faqPowerOutages.aspx

South Carolina Electric and Gas:

You can report outages with the SCE&G Mobile site (http://ow.ly/l9dZU. If your account is registered for it, simply text the word "OUT" to 467234 (gosceg) to report the outage. You can also call any of these numbers:

  • Downed/Sparking power lines: 1-888-333-4465
  • Gas leaks: 1-800-815-0083
  • For power outages: Call 1-888-333-4465
  • Streetlights & outdoor lighting: Call 1-800-251-7234
  • Duke Energy Progress:

    If you have internet access, tweet @DukeEnergyStorm or visit their mobile site - m.duke-energy.com - to report power outages. You can also call 1-800-419-6356

    Pee Dee Electric:

    To report an outage, please call 866-747-0060 or 843-665-4070.

    If you are using a Wi-Fi enabled device and may not have internet access when the lights go out, take a screen capture of this story to keep these numbers handy when you need them.