HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - The City of North Myrtle Beach is now accepting applications to fill a seat on their Tree City Board. To qualify, applicants must be residents of North Myrtle Beach. The board meets quarterly, and members serve a four-year term, and may not serve more than eight years.
About Tree City Board:
• The Tree City Board advises the City in all tree related matters
• Serves as a source of information about proper tree maintenance techniques and community tree management policies
• Make recommendations for public tree establishment, maintenance, protection and removal; provides input to the public grounds superintendent for the development of an annual work plan and long-range planning
• Reviews the City's tree ordinance, tree planting master plan, and recommends changes to the same at least every two years
• Promotes and supports the Tree City USA program; and undertakes other responsibilities as City Council may direct.- NMB Tree City Board Press Release
For more information about the Tree City Board, contact North Myrtle Beach Planner, Sean Hoelscher at (843) 280-5572.