HCFR: Early morning fire leaves 5 family members displaced

Photo courtesy of MGN online
Photo courtesy of MGN online

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Horry County Fire and Rescue officials were called out to a house fire in Loris, around 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, Jan 18.

According to Brian VanAernem, with HCFR, the fire started in the bedroom due to an overheated electrical unit. The smoke detector alerted all the occupants, waking them up and allowing them to exit the house before units for on the scene.

HCFR reported no injuries, however, five people are displaced and Red Cross is assisting.

Copyright 2014. WMBF News. All rights reserved.