HORRY COUNTY, SC- (WMBF) - Aspen Grill, one of 14 Grand Strand restaurants participating in Restaurant Week, stopped by WMBF News at 4 p.m. to make one the dishes being offered at a special price this week.
Get more information on Aspen Grill and see their full Restaurant Week menu here:
To help celebrate Restaurant Week, WMBF News and the Myrtle Beach Area Hospitality Association are giving away hundreds of dollars in gift cards to participating restaurants! Enter to win here: http://wmbfnews.upickem.net/engine/YourSubmission.aspx?contestid=115898
Here's the recipe for Aspen Grill's New York Strip:
Seared Certified Angus Beef New York Strip on Sweet Potato Puree and Collard Greens
• New York Strips cut to desired size – we use 9-10 ounces for restaurant week. Season with Salt, pepper and Olive Oil
• 2 large Sweet Potatoes – Roast in 350 degree oven until soft all the way through
• Cool slightly and peel away skin – best to use gloves
• In Mixer add .5 pounds of butter .5 cups of cream season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until smooth. hold in warm oven
• Two bunches of collard greens – clean thoroughly then chop
• Chop one medium onion, one strip of bacon and suatee in pot on medium heat until bacon is rendered.
• Add collard greens to put and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper
• Add 1 cup of liquid such as broth or water and allow to cook low for 2 hours
• Add .5 cups of white balsamic vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
In a skillet on medium high heat sear the NewYork Strip on both sides. Finish in oven to desired temperature. Medium should only take 5 to six minutes in 350 degree oven.
Place sweet potatoes in middle of plate with serving of Collard greens. Place steak on top.