Cause of fire at Tango Bay store in Barefoot Landing determined - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Cause of fire at Tango Bay store in Barefoot Landing determined

Posted: Updated:
Source: North Myrtle Beach Source: North Myrtle Beach
Source: North Myrtle Beach Fire Department Twitter Source: North Myrtle Beach Fire Department Twitter

NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – The North Myrtle Beach Fire & Rescue Division has determined the cause of a fire that caused about $75,000 worth of damage to the Tango Bay store at Barefoot Landing January 4th. 

The fire was determined to be unintentional and was caused when combustibles located too close to a space heater ignited, according to Patrick Dowling with the City of North Myrtle Beach.

The tenant was experiencing problems with the store's heating system and had brought in space heaters to heat the store.

North Myrtle Beach firefighters responded and contained the damage to the store, but smoke damage may have impacted some adjacent buildings, Dowling said.

The fire was first reported around 6 p.m., was brought under control at about 8:30 p.m., according to North Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue on Twitter.

Copyright 2014 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

918 Frontage Road East
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 839-9623
news@wmbfnews.com

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WMBF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.