HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – A statement from Habitat for Humanity of Horry County said one of their new build sites off Highway 905 was burglarized last week.
The house is at Hopes Crossing, which will be a 23 house subdivision for affordable housing. The suspect or suspects did not tamper with the lock, but cut through the locking bar of the tool trailer at the site.
Below is a list of what was taken, according to the statement:
- Makita 10" dual slide compound miter saw with laser
- Dewalt 18 volt hammer drill/reciprocating saw combination kit
- Dewalt 18 volt cordless combination kit (drill, sawzall, battery charger)
- Milwaukee 12 amp sawzall reciprocating saw with case.
- Porter cable, corded reciprocating sawzall with case
- Bosch multi-x-12 volt cordless oscillating tool
- Dewalt 15 amp, 7 ¼" lightweight circular saw with electric brake
- Porter Cable 120 volt 7 ¼" corded circular saw
- Dewalt 15 amp 7 ¼" lightweight circular saw with case
- Ridgid Fuego 3 amp compact jigsaw
- Bosch corded hammer drill, 1", 7.5 amp keyless
Habitat for Humanity said their insurance deductible is too high, and will not cover the costs for tool replacement. They are seeking donations of gift cards to Lowe's, cash or gently used replacement tools.
If you are interested in donating, stop by the office located at 165 Co-op Rd in Myrtle Beach, or call843- 650-8815 ext. 8001.
Anyone with information regarding the theft is asked to contact Officer Cody with the Horry County Police Department at 843-248-1520.