Effingham home damaged by fire possibly started by space heater - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Effingham home damaged by fire possibly started by space heater

Posted: Updated:

EFFINGHAM, SC (WMBF) – The Howe Springs Fire Department responded to a fire at a home on Cummings Road in Effingham last Friday; the home sustained some smoke and fire damage.

Units arrived at the scene to find smoke showing through the front door. Crews found the fire in the bedroom, according to a press release from the department, and it may have been started by a space heater located near the bed.

A total of 22 firefighters, three engines, two tankers and one service unit were assigned the call, and the fire was brought under control within 15 minutes.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family of seven with a place to stay for the night.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

918 Frontage Road East
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 839-9623
news@wmbfnews.com

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WMBF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.