State Report: Horry Co. took in less, spent more in FY2012 - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

State Report: Spending up, revenues down in Horry Co. in 2012 fiscal year

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – According to a 330-page report on local government finances around the state, Horry County took in less revenue and spent more in the 2012 fiscal year than the previous year.

In the fiscal year 2012, total revenues from all local, state, federal, and other sources for the county totaled $1,080,515,048, a decrease of 1.1 percent over fiscal year 2011. Total expenditures for the county in the 2012 fiscal year were $1,014,620,599, an increase of 3.1 percent over last year.

Over the past six years, the compound growth rate of the county's revenue is 4.6 percent, and the growth in expenditures has been 4.1 percent, according to the report.

For FY 2012, Florence County took in 1.7 percent less revenue than the previous year, and expended 2.5 percent less on its annual budget. In Georegtown County, revenues increased by 12.2 percent, and expenditures went up by 10.4 percent, compared to the previous year.

The full report breaks further details revenues and expenditures for each county in the state, and breaks out financial data by school district, county, city, and more. According to the Associated Press, the data is used by a number of agencies, including determining the financial impact of legislation and identifying trends. It is also used in national reports and surveys.

The report can be found here: http://ors.sc.gov/economics/files/2012%20LGR.pdf – Warning: this is a large (5.7 megabyte) PDF document.

The Budget and Control Board also publishes the 2012 Local Government Finance Report Supplement. That report can be found here: http://ors.sc.gov/economics/files/2012%20LGR%20Supplement.pdf 

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsLocalMore>>

  • Tammy Moorer trial to go forward, motion to dismiss rejected

    Tammy Moorer trial to go forward, motion to dismiss rejected

    Friday, August 17 2018 10:01 PM EDT2018-08-18 02:01:41 GMT
    Tammy Moorer. (Source: JRLDC)Tammy Moorer. (Source: JRLDC)

    A judge has dismissed several motions filed by Tammy Moorer’s attorney ahead of her upcoming trial for kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping. She’s set to go before a judge and jury for the first time for her alleged involvement in Heather Elvis’s disappearance. The Socastee woman went missing in December 2013.  Tammy is scheduled to go to trial the week of October 8, 2018.  According to an order filed this week, Tammy’s attorney had ...

    More >>

    A judge has dismissed several motions filed by Tammy Moorer’s attorney ahead of her upcoming trial for kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping. She’s set to go before a judge and jury for the first time for her alleged involvement in Heather Elvis’s disappearance. The Socastee woman went missing in December 2013.  Tammy is scheduled to go to trial the week of October 8, 2018.  According to an order filed this week, Tammy’s attorney had ...

    More >>
  • Construction for Charlie's Place, Boys and Girls Club expected to start soon

    Construction for Charlie's Place, Boys and Girls Club expected to start soon

    Friday, August 17 2018 8:24 PM EDT2018-08-18 00:24:28 GMT
    The city says work for phase one is expected to start next week (Source: Marissa Tansino).The city says work for phase one is expected to start next week (Source: Marissa Tansino).

    Two new projects are coming to the Carver Street area. The new Boys and Girls Club between Carver Street and Dunbar Street and Charlie's Place construction is set to begin next week, according to city officials. "It's finally coming to be,” said Cookie Canty Goings about the improvements long awaited for in Charlie’s Place, "It has been a long time coming."

    More >>

    Two new projects are coming to the Carver Street area. The new Boys and Girls Club between Carver Street and Dunbar Street and Charlie's Place construction is set to begin next week, according to city officials. "It's finally coming to be,” said Cookie Canty Goings about the improvements long awaited for in Charlie’s Place, "It has been a long time coming."

    More >>
  • 92 people evicted after Florence motel shut down, deemed unsafe

    92 people evicted after Florence motel shut down, deemed unsafe

    Friday, August 17 2018 7:49 PM EDT2018-08-17 23:49:25 GMT
    Florence Lodge on South Irby Street. (Source: WMBF News)Florence Lodge on South Irby Street. (Source: WMBF News)
    Florence Lodge on South Irby Street. (Source: WMBF News)Florence Lodge on South Irby Street. (Source: WMBF News)

    FLORENCE, SC (WMBF) - The Florence Lodge on South Irby Street was shut down following an inspection deeming it unsafe. Fire officials discovered a number of hazardous conditions potentially dangerous to occupants.

    More >>

    FLORENCE, SC (WMBF) - The Florence Lodge on South Irby Street was shut down following an inspection deeming it unsafe. Fire officials discovered a number of hazardous conditions potentially dangerous to occupants.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly