Dog dies in Georgetown house fire

GEORGETOWN, SC (WMBF) - A dog has died after a home fire in the Georgetown area.

Georgetown County Assistant Chief Tony Hucks says a fire in a home on Saints Delight Road was called into authorities around 7 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, flames where escaping through the roof of the single story home. A man, woman, baby, a couple dogs and a pet deer were asleep in the home.

A woman driving by saw smoke and alerted everyone in the home. The man and woman were babysitting and escaped the home with the child. One dog died in the fire.

It appears the fire was started by an electrical issue in the kitchen area and the home is a total loss.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.