Fire chief: Heater likely cause for fire in Georgetown home - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Fire chief: Heater likely cause for fire in Georgetown home

Posted: Updated:

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - A home in Georgetown was heavily damaged by a blaze that fire department officials say was caused by a wood burning heater.

That heater was in the living room of the Winyah Street home when it caught on fire around 8:45 a.m. Thursday.

Georgetown Fire Chief Joey Tanner says there were two people in the home at the time; one of them was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Firemen got that fire under control in about 30 minutes. The single story home was pretty much totaled, Chief Tanner adds.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

918 Frontage Road East
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 839-9623
news@wmbfnews.com

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WMBF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.