The Grand Strand Area Transportation Study (GSATS) will make a "Draft" of the 2014-2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and the Wayfinding Study available for review and comment.
The GSATS' TIP is a six-year program that identifies and prioritizes transportation projects for funding within the Myrtle Beach/Socastee metropolitan area (including portions of Horry and Georgetown County). The TIP will encompass fiscal years 2014 through 2019. The Wayfinding study identifies and prioritizes improvements to routing signage in the GSATS study area.
The TIP is available for review from October 21, 2013 until November 21, 2013 at area libraries, on the web at www.gsats.org, and at the following locations:
- Atlantic Beach Town Hall 717 30th Avenue South, Atlantic Beach
- Briarcliffe Acres Town Hall 10595 Hwy 17 North, Myrtle Beach
- Brunswick County Planning Building I 75 Courthouse Drive, NE Bolivia, NC 28422
- Calabash Town Hall 882 Persimmion Road, Calabash, NC 28467
- Carolina Shores Town Hall 200 Persimmon Road, Carolina Shores, NC
- Conway City Hall 1001 3rd Avenue, Conway
- Georgetown City Hall 120 N. Fraser Street, Georgetown
- Georgetown County Planning 129 Screven Street, Room 228, Georgetown
- Holden Beach Town Hall 110 Rothschild St., Holden Beach, NC 28462
- Horry County Planning 1301 Second Avenue, Conway
- Myrtle Beach Planning 937 Broadway Street, Myrtle Beach
- North Myrtle Beach Planning 1015 2nd Ave South, North Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Isle Beach Town Hall 3 W. Third St., Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469
- Pawley's Island Town Hall 321 Myrtle Avenue, Pawleys Island
- Shallotte Town Hall 106 Cheers St., Shallotte, NC 28478
- Sunset Beach Town Hall 700 Sunset Blvd N., Sunset Beach, NC 28468
- Surfside Beach Town Hall 115 US Highway 17 North, Surfside Beach
- Varnamtown Town Hall 100 Varnamtown Road, Supply, NC 28462
- Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments 1230 Highmarket Street, Georgetown
A series of Public Meetings will be held on October 23, November 1, and November 5. They will be followed by a meeting of the GSATS Policy Committee. There will be opportunities for the public to comment on the "Draft" TIP and Wayfinding study at each meeting. Times and locations are as follows:
Wednesday, October 23, 9 a.m.
- Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments, 1230 Highmarket Street, Georgetown
Wednesday, October 23, 2 p.m.
- Horry County Government and Justice Center, 1301 Second Avenue, Conway
Friday, November 1, 12 p.m.
- Carolina Shores Town Hall, 200 Persimmon Road, Carolina Shores
Tuesday, November 5, 11 a.m.
- Myrtle Beach City Hall, 937 Broadway Street, Myrtle Beach
All written comments received on or before November 21, 2013 will be considered. Please send comments to:
GSATS' 2014-2019 TIP and Wayfinding Study
c/o Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments
1230 Highmarket Street