FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – The Florence Fire Department responded to a fully-involved house fire Wednesday morning.
The call came into the FFD around 10:30 a.m., and crews on the scene said the single family residence was 50 percent involved when they arrived on the scene. The resident home at the time told the FFD no one else was inside the home, and firefighters confirmed this after a search of the residence.
The blaze was quickly extinguished, and units remained on the scene until noon. The fire appeared to have started in the kitchen, and the FFD suspects a pot that was left unattended on the stove sparked the fire. The home sustained heavy damage.
There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters. The FFD was assisted by the Florence Police Department and Florence County EMS.
The FFD asks citizens to remember to never leave pots unattended on the stove when cooking. It is also very important to have working smoke alarms in your home.