2 displaced after mobile home fire in Duford

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Horry County Fire Rescue Assistant Chief Justin Gibbons said crews worked the scene of a mobile home fire Friday around 9 p.m.

Assistant Chief Gibbons said the single-wide mobile home in the Duford Community was a total loss. The fire started inside the home off Bedford Rd, caused by an improperly discarded cigarette inside the home. The two occupants of the home are displaced, but neither was home when the house caught fire, and there were no injuries were sustained to firefighters who worked to put the flames out.

The HCFR received assistance from the Loris Volunteer Fire Department, and the Fair Bluff Fire Department out of North Carolina.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.