CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - Coastal Carolina University hosted its sixth annual Day of Remembrance Ceremony Tuesday at noon in James B. Blanton Park, commemorating students, faculty and staff who passed away during the previous year.
According to a news release from the University's Counseling Services, students who will be honored include:
- Robert Dobson, a senior philosophy major
- Gina Kosla, a junior marine science major
- Anthony Liddell, a sophomore exercise and sport science major
- Shawn Ponton, a senior biology major
- Michael Spade, a freshman PGA Golf Management major
- Elizabeth Gorshack, freshman
Staff and faculty that will be honored include:
- Richard Dame, distinguished professor emeritus of the Department of Marine Science
- Sally Purcell, emeritus professor of the Department of English and Journalism
- Dennis Ruth, a facilities staff member
The bells tolled for each person whose life was lost the previous year, once for the victims of the Virginia Tech tragedy, and once for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing.