Firefighters respond to kitchen fire in Florence Tuesday night - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Firefighters respond to kitchen fire in Florence

Posted: Updated:

FLORENCE, SC (WMBF) – A fire that broke out at a Florence apartment Tuesday night was started by food being left on a stove, and was under control by firefighters in about 10 minutes, according to a news release.

When Florence firefighters arrived at apartments in the 800 block of Cheraw Drive, they found smoke and flames coming from the rear of a ground-floor apartment, officials state. They used a hose to quickly extinguish the fire in the kitchen area, while other crews searched the other apartments.

One resident was taken to a nearby hospital with an undisclosed medical issue, the release states.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

918 Frontage Road East
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 839-9623
news@wmbfnews.com

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WMBF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.