Man dies in Lumberton house fire

Source: Robeson County Sheriff's Office
Source: Robeson County Sheriff's Office

ROBESON COUNTY, NC (WMBF) - One man is dead after a fire broke out inside his Lumberton home.

The fire broke out around 3:38 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 10 in a home on the 400 block of Wilton Drive in Lumberton.

Randy Graham, spokesman for the Robeson County Sheriff's Office, says after the flames erupted a neighbor pulled 62-year-old Jerry Lee Inman from the mobile home.

Deputies with the Robeson County Sheriff's Office responded and started rescue breathing until EMS arrived, but Mr. Inman was pronounced dead en route to Southeastern Regional Medical Center.

The origin of the fire was determined to be started in a chair in the den and was contained to the chair and the wall behind the chair. It appears the blaze started from a dropped cigarette, Graham confirms.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.