House fire in Florence, no injuries

Source: Florence Fire Department
Source: Florence Fire Department

FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - The Florence Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire in the 300 Block of South Kemp street early Sunday afternoon.

According to Florence Fire Dept., upon arrival the officer in charge found heavy smoke coming from the chimney and the upper part of the house.

The fire was found in the attic and was quickly extinguished.

The home did suffer heavy smoke damage and some water damage.

The Florence Fire Department, Florence Police Department and Florence County EMS were all on the scene of the fire. No one in the home was injured nor any of the officials on the scene. The fire was accidental and at this time appears to have been caused by a faulty chimney.

The residents were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarm sounding. The Florence Fire Department wants all residents to be aware how important it is to have working smoke alarms in your home.

Copyright 2012 WMBF News. All rights reserved.