HCFR: Unattended candle causes fire in mobile home - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

HCFR: Unattended candle causes fire in mobile home

Posted: Updated:

AYNOR, SC (WMBF) - Officials with Horry County Fire Rescue believe an unattended candle is to blame for a fire that displaced a family from their home.

The fire broke out in the single wide mobile home on Highway 319 in Aynor before 11 a.m. Wednesday morning, and heavy black smoke was showing when crews arrived on the scene, according to HCFR spokeswoman Leslie Yancey.

One family was displaced from the home due to the fire that HCFR officials believe was caused by an unattended candle.

Copyright 2012 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

918 Frontage Road East
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 839-9623
news@wmbfnews.com

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WMBF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.