FLORENCE, SC (WMBF) - Three Florence residents are without a home Wednesday morning after firefighters battled flames that destroyed a portion of their home.
The blaze was reported on the 700 block of North Wilson Street at about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Fire crews say heavy smoke was pouring from the building when firefighters arrived on scene.
The three people inside the home were able to escape when the fire alarm inside the residence woke them up.
Investigators believe a space heater sparked the blaze.