CPR mask saves dog after house fire

Source: live5news.com
Source: live5news.com

JOHNS ISLAND, SC (WCSC) - Firefighters used CPR to save a puppy's life today after its family's home caught on fire.

Captain James Ghi of the St. Johns Fire Department said both his department and the City of Charleston Fire Department responded to a house fire at 1572 Regimental Lane on Wednesday afternoon.

Once on the scene, firefighters say they had to use a special pet CPR mask to save the life of the homeowner's puppy.

Stick with Live5news.com as we continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.