Black Water Middle evacuated after second bomb threat in two day - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

HCPD, School district release two bomb threat PSAs

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) A student is in custody after a second bomb threat was reported at an Horry County middle school, two days in a row, according to police officials at the joint press conference with Horry County Schools Friday morning.

Saundra Rhodes, Interim Police Chief for Horry County Police Department, announced the bomb threat had been reported at Black Water Middle during a press conference at Carolina Forest High School, which was intended to tackle the bomb threat issues.

Rhodes told a WMBF News crew attending the press conference Friday morning that a juvenile student is already in custody in connection to this bomb threat.

Sgt. Robert Kegler, spokesperson for the Horry County Police Department, tells WMBF News that students were not evacuated from the school because Black Water Middle's school resource officer was able to quickly identify the student who made the threat, and that student admitted the threat was false.

Kegler added that four juvenile students are in custody in connection to Thursday's bomb threat at Black Water Middle School.

Friday's reported bomb threat is the 19th for Horry County Schools this school year. Horry County Schools and the Horry County Police Department released a public service announcement on the dangers and consequences of this crime Friday.

During the conference, school officials and police talked about possible solutions to end the threats.

Rhodes said the department is looking into fining parents of the children who commit the crime.

School officials also released two public service announcements that are intended to send a message to the community and the students that the threats must stop.

The PSAs will be shown at the schools in Horry County and was released to all media outlets.

View that PSA above, or on YouTube.

What do you think of the PSA? Do you think they'll be effective in stopping these threats? Let us know what you think on the WMBF News Facebook page.

Copyright 2012 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsLocalMore>>

  • MBREDC launches new website, plans for rest of 2018

    MBREDC launches new website, plans for rest of 2018

    Friday, February 23 2018 9:28 AM EST2018-02-23 14:28:04 GMT
    With the new website, MBREDC will be able to more efficiently contact companies who may be taking a look at their website, as well as provide more information the companies may be looking for (Source: Marissa Tansino).With the new website, MBREDC will be able to more efficiently contact companies who may be taking a look at their website, as well as provide more information the companies may be looking for (Source: Marissa Tansino).
    With the new website, MBREDC will be able to more efficiently contact companies who may be taking a look at their website, as well as provide more information the companies may be looking for (Source: Marissa Tansino).With the new website, MBREDC will be able to more efficiently contact companies who may be taking a look at their website, as well as provide more information the companies may be looking for (Source: Marissa Tansino).

    The Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation is working on  completing a marketing campaign and that includes promoting their new website. Vice President of MBREDC Sandy Davis said the website is used as a recruitment tool. With the new website, MBREDC will be able to more efficiently contact companies who may be taking a look at their website, as well as provide more information the companies may be looking for.

    More >>

    The Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation is working on  completing a marketing campaign and that includes promoting their new website. Vice President of MBREDC Sandy Davis said the website is used as a recruitment tool. With the new website, MBREDC will be able to more efficiently contact companies who may be taking a look at their website, as well as provide more information the companies may be looking for.

    More >>
  • Breaking

    West Florence High School principal on paid leave

    West Florence High School principal on paid leave

    Friday, February 23 2018 8:52 AM EST2018-02-23 13:52:52 GMT
    Pam Quick. (Source: FSD1)Pam Quick. (Source: FSD1)

    The principal of West Florence High School has been on administrative leave with pay since Feb. 14, according to a district official. Principal Pam Quick is one of two West Florence High employees to be placed on administrative leave this month, confirmed Florence School District One Director Pam Little-McDaniel.

    More >>

    The principal of West Florence High School has been on administrative leave with pay since Feb. 14, according to a district official. Principal Pam Quick is one of two West Florence High employees to be placed on administrative leave this month, confirmed Florence School District One Director Pam Little-McDaniel.

    More >>
  • Tracy Lawrence to perform at 2018 CCMF

    Tracy Lawrence to perform at 2018 CCMF

    Friday, February 23 2018 8:03 AM EST2018-02-23 13:03:00 GMT
    Source: CCMF TwitterSource: CCMF Twitter
    Source: CCMF TwitterSource: CCMF Twitter

    Tracy Lawrence is the latest artist announced to perform at the 2018 Carolina Country Music Fest in Myrtle Beach. Toby Keith, Luke Bryan, the Zac Brown Band, Old Dominion, Chris Lane, Brett Eldredge, Dylan Scott, Kane Brown, Michael Ray, Devin Dawson, Jon Langston and Russell Dickerson are also scheduled to perform.

    More >>

    Tracy Lawrence is the latest artist announced to perform at the 2018 Carolina Country Music Fest in Myrtle Beach. Toby Keith, Luke Bryan, the Zac Brown Band, Old Dominion, Chris Lane, Brett Eldredge, Dylan Scott, Kane Brown, Michael Ray, Devin Dawson, Jon Langston and Russell Dickerson are also scheduled to perform.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly