HCFR: Conway home fire sparked by space heater

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) Fire crews now know what may have sparked the blaze in a home in Conway Saturday night.

Assistant Chief Justin Gibbins with Horry County Fire Rescue said that fire crews arrived to a reported structure fire on Jungle Road in Conway around 8 p.m. Smoke was showing from the residence when they arrived on scene and fire was found burning in one of the bedrooms in the home.

Minor damage to the residence was reported. Gibbins said that a malfunctioning space heater caused the fire.

Copyright 2012 WMBF News. All rights reserved.