Columbia, SC - The Governor's School for Science and Mathematics (GSSM) is now accepting applications from current high school sophomores through March 1, 2012.
One of only 12 of its kind in the nation, GSSM is a public, residential high school specializing in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Beyond its distinctive curriculum, GSSM offers other smart opportunities including the Summer Program for Research Interns (SPRI), the Research Exchange Scholars Program (RESP) and January Interim. These innovative programs provide students with scientific, graduate-level internships, study abroad experiences and options to participate in non-traditional courses. What's more, the School offers new components through its BlueCross BlueShield Economics and Finance Institute, including classes and experiences in business and entrepreneurship.
A GSSM prospective student:
- Is a high school sophomore
- Is a South Carolina resident
- Has a PSAT score of at least 110 (Math and Verbal only)
- Has at least a 3.5 GPA on the SC Uniform Grading Scale
- Will have taken the HSAP by the end of sophomore year
- Will have completed Geometry, Algebra I and II, English II and one lab science by the end of sophomore year