Following are the jobs and salaries available:
- Postmaster Relief (PMR), $9.50 hr.
- Postal Support Employee (PSE) $14.60 hr.
- Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) $19.45 hr.
- Transitional Employee (TE) $22.15 hr.
- Temporary Rural Carrier (TRC) $11.55 hr.
Applications may only be made online at: http://www.usps.com/employment. No phone calls or applications can be received at any postal facility.
Jobs will be posted for offices in the following cities:
- Upstate: Belton (RCA); Campobello (RCA); Donalds (RCA); Duncan (RCA); Greer (RCA); Inman (RCA); Iva (RCA); Joanna (PMR); Jonesville (RCA); Laurens (RCA); Moore (TRC); Tamassee (RCA); Travelers Rest (RCA) and Walhalla (RCA).
- PeeDee: Darlington (RCA); Dillon (TRC); Effingham (RCA) and Wallace (TRC).
- Midlands: Cayce-West Columbia (RCA); Lexington (TE); McBee (TRC); Rowesville (RCA); Saluda (TRC) and Swansea (TRC)
- Lowcountry: Awendaw (RCA); Bonneau (PMR); Cross (TRC); Dorchester (RCA); Pineville (PSE) and Pinopolis (PMR). Applicants must live within a 50-mile radius of the Post Office they are applying for.
These are entry level relief positions, successful applicants will be required to work a part time, flexible schedule, usually when regular employees have scheduled days off or take vacation days.
These jobs are the first step on the path to becoming a full-time, regular rural carrier with full benefits. Postmaster General Pat Donohoe began his career as a part-time flexible clerk.
Delivery Position Requirements:
Rural Carrier Associates and Temporary Rural Carriers must be available to work on an as needed basis; must have valid state drivers license from state of residence; minimum of two years driving experience with good driving record; provide reliable vehicle for delivery of mail; meet personal and medical suitability; and pass road tests administered by Postal Service examiners.
They must provide reliable vehicle for delivery of mail means a vehicle with automatic transmission and without a large console in the middle that would allow you to pass mail out the passenger window into the customer's mailbox.
Employment Eligibility Requirements:
Military service: Veterans must treat military service as prior employment and submit copy 4 of form DD 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
Employment history: Applicant must provide the names of all employers (including current employers) for the 10-year period immediately preceding the date of application.