HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) Units with Horry County Fire and Rescue extinguished a blaze in a single family home in the Longs area of Horry County Sunday evening.
Units responded to a reported single family structure fire on Pint Circle in Longs at approximately 4:52 p.m., said Leslie Yancey, spokesperson for Horry County Fire and Rescue.
Flames were showing through the roof of the home when units arrived, but all occupants of the home safely evacuated.
By 5:35 p.m., the fire was under control with mutual aid provided by Calabash Fire Department. The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunctioning wood-burning stove, Yancey said.
One firefighter that responded to this fire was transported to the hospital for a knee injury.