CONWAY, SC (WMBF) After a rash of burglaries throughout the Conway area, officers have arrested nine teens in connection to the crimes that left residents without valuables.
Catina Hipp, spokeswoman for the Conway Police Department, said Thursday the following nine teens are responsible for four burglaries between Nov. 27 and Dec. 3:
- Jake Dawayne Floyd, 19
- Carlos Jamar Johns, 16 (charged as an adult)
- Carlton Lenario Johns, 17
- Jordan Michael McCray, 17
- Devin Jasper Powell, 18
- Adrian Levon Wilkes, 18
- Darius Thomas Williams, 16 (charged as an adult)
- Antonio Francisco Rodriguez, 17
- Devon Tyree Brockenbrough, 17
On Nov. 27, officers were dispatched to a home on Cedar Lane around 9:30 p.m. after the victim said she found the side door of her home kicked in after returning home from church. Electronics, flatware and other valuables were reportedly taken.
On Dec. 2, officers met with a victim along Busbee Circle around 10:30 p.m. who told officers he found the side door to his home kicked in and his laptop missing. A flat screen television was found removed from the wall, but was left behind on the floor, according to Hipp.
Again, on Dec. 2, officers met with a separate victim on Farmwood Circle around 11 p.m. after the victim discovered the rear door ajar to their residence. A television and a laptop had been stolen.
On Dec. 3, officers responded to a home on Green Pond Circle around 11 p.m. after a victim stated she found the rear sliding glass door of her home open and several items were missing.
Hipp said Floyd, Powell, Rodriguez, Brockenbrough, Wilkes, Carlton Johns, and McCray are currently incarcerated at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing. While charged as adults, Carlos Johns and Williams are currently at the South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia awaiting a bond hearing.