SURFSIDE BEACH, SC (WMBF) Surfside Beach Fire Department responded to a small fire that, according to a witness, was ignited by a cigarette.
The blaze occurred at 1014 South Hollywood Drive in Surfside Beach in the C Unit of a four unit building around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
WMBF News spoke with a witness who lives in a neighboring home who says only two of the four units were occupied. The witness adds that the resident of the unit that was on fire says the blaze ignited when he fell asleep smoking a cigarette.
The fire was completely extinguished by 9 a.m. and is not believed to have caused significant damage to the building. No injuries were reported.