Will Whitson was bitten by the journalism bug when he was in college. He was taking a broadcasting class just for fun, and found he couldn't get enough of it! He knew then and there he wanted a career in news.
Will interned with the Fox News Network in New York City the following summer, which further solidified his decision to become a journalist. He graduated from Furman University in 2010 in Greenville, South Carolina (Go Paladins!), and joined the WMBF News team that July.
Will was born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee and is an avid music lover from country, to classic rock, jazz, and even the Carolina shag!
When he's not chasing down a lead or working on late-breaking stories in the newsroom, you can find Will racing his bicycle down Ocean Boulevard or at the bookstore with a cup of coffee, a copy of the Wall Street Journal, and a book.
1) What famous person, living or dead, would you be? Jimmy Stewart- what an all around great man!
2) Back in high school, people would have described me as... most likely to run the AARP.
3) What is your least favorite sound? My alarm clock.
4) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? A private eye.
5) What is one thing that would take people a year to figure out about you? I can quote "Animal House" word-for-word.
6) If you were stranded on a desert island, what one person and one thing would you want to be stranded with? My wife and "The Complete Works of Raymond Chandler"