Florence, SC - SOUTH CAROLINA (WMBF) - A series of upcoming health screenings hosted by the Francis Marion University Advancing Rural Community Health Program will help provide residents with community-wide access to health care resources and information.
Officials said health screenings will be available at the following locations:
- Sept. 10 from 1-5 p.m. at the Clio Community Center in Clio
- Sept. 17 from 1-5 p.m. at Wise Chapel in Marion
- Sept. 24 from 1-5 p.m. at the W.R. Saffold Community Center in Brittons Neck
- Oct. 1 from 1-5 p.m. at Drucker Drugs & Medical Equipment in Kingstree
- Oct. 8 from 1-5 p.m. at the Kingstree Wellness Center in Kingstree
The screenings will consist of height, weight, body mass index, blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol checks. Diabetics and those at risk for diabetes will also be offered a hemoglobin A1C test, which measures diabetic control over the previous three months.
Organizers said all blood work will be performed by a finger stick, making results immediately available.
No appointments are necessary.