Brunswick County, NC - BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WMBF) – The Brunswick County Sheriff's Office Aggressive Criminal Enforcement Team hosted three checking stations in Brunswick County on Labor Day weekend.
The checking stations lasted from Sept. 3 at 10:30 p.m. to Sept. 4 at 3 a.m. at the following locations:
- Highway 17 at the North Carolina/South Carolina state line. Traffic was checked on both north and south bound lanes.
- 179 (Beach Drive) and Country Club Road in Calabash
- Hickman Road at the intersection of Ash-Little River Road and Calabash Road
The participating agencies were the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office, New Hanover County Sheriff's Office, Wilmington Police Department, Burgaw Police Department, Leland Police Department, Oak Island Police Department, Northwest Police Department, Lumberton Police Department, Shallotte Police Department, Chadbourn Police Department, North Carolina State Highway Patrol, Bald Head Island Public Safety, Fair Bluff Police Department, Ocean Isle Beach Police Department, Whiteville Police Department, Holden Beach Police Department and Brunswick County Emergency Services.
The following is a list of citations and arrests as a result of the checking systems:
- Driving While Impaired: 15
- Aid and Abet Driving While Impaired: 1
- Provisional Licensee: 2
- Underage Possession of Alcohol: 4
- Driving While License Revoked: 13
- No Operator's License: 11
- Expired registration: 22
- Expired inspection: 10
- Open Container of Alcohol in Passenger area: 1
- Underage consumption of Alcohol: 5
- Fictitious Registration: 1
- Possession of Marijuana: 9
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: 9
- No Insurance: 3
- Revoked Registration: 2
- Flee to Elude Arrest: 1
- Resist Arrest: 1
- Fail to Stop for Blue Light and Siren: 1
- Child Restraint: 2
- Seatbelt Violation: 3
- Equipment Violation: 8
- Helmet Violation: 2
- Possession of Schedule IV (Citalopram): 1
In total, there were 134 citations and arrests. Of the arrests for DWI, three were residents of Little River and one was a resident of North Myrtle Beach.