Brunswick County, NC - BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WMBF) - Community complaints have led deputies with the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office to arrest seven people on drug-related charges.
Sgt. April Stanley, spokeswoman for the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office, said agents with the Brunswick County Drug Enforcement Unit arrested the following people on drug charges between Aug. 12-18:
- James Hegedus, 17, of Ocean Isle Beach, NC
- Michael Donovan, 19, of Supply, NC
- Pate Christian Futch, 22, of Shallotte, NC
- Brandon Paul Clewis, 21, of Ash, NC
- Chase Maxmillon Gethers, of Shallotte, NC
- Mario Cassedy Alvarez, of Seagrove, NC
- Haley Nicole Hewett, of Shallotte, NC
Additional complaints have prompted deputies to investigate reports of ongoing drug activity at 480 Golden Ln. in Supply.
A joint investigation between the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office DEU and K-9 Division led to the seizure of marijuana, diverted prescription medicine and a firearm.
Officials said an investigation into the 'Golden Lane Club' is ongoing and urge anyone with information on drug activity to contact authorities at (910) 253-2777.