MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – The Apache Pier is hosting the 4th Annual Locals Appreciation Day next weekend.
On Saturday, Aug. 28, from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., the pier will host the free event, which will include fishing, entertainment, popcorn and ice cream. Most of the entertainment will take place on the covered stage, center pier.
A fishing license is not required to fish from the pier. Bait, Tackle, and fishing rods are available for purchase or rent in the pier store.
The following is the schedule of events, which are subject to change:
- 9 a.m. - Demonstrations, Q and A by Vanhoy Rod & Reel
- 10 a.m. – Come meet some of the folks from Carolina Opry
- 11 a.m. - See Dolly Dolphin from Coastal Scuba's silly mascot
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Coastal Carolina University Marine Science Faculty and Students
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. - IMAX 3-D
- 3 p.m. – Safety by Horry County Beach Patrol
- 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. - See Sharkee Shark for Ripley's Aquarium
- 7 – 9 p.m. - Dance to LIVE entertainment by Byron's Pure Pleasure Band
Apache Pier is located at 9700 Kings Rd. in Myrtle Beach. Those attending the event may enter the pier through the main gate of the Apache Family Campground. Parking is free.