Conway man jailed in shed burglary investigation - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Conway man jailed in shed burglary investigation

Walter Andrew Johnson (Source: Horry County Police Department) Walter Andrew Johnson (Source: Horry County Police Department)
Conway, SC -

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - A burglary investigation has led to the arrest of a 46-year-old Conway man on Saturday, according to the Horry County Police Department.

Sgt. Robert Kegler, spokesman for the department, said officers were dispatched to an address on Winburn Road in reference to a burglary on Saturday. A victim on scene told police his shed had been broken into the previous night and a number of power tools were missing.

An investigation launched by the Horry County Police Department led to a witness identification of the suspect believed to be connected to the burglary. After making contact with the suspect, the stolen power tools were recovered.

The suspect, identified as Walter Andrew Johnson, 46, of Conway, was taken into custody and charged with second degree burglary. He remains in custody at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

Copyright 2010 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly