Guest extinguishes small fire at Myrtle Beach hotel - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Guest extinguishes small fire at Myrtle Beach hotel

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - Guests at the Ocean Dunes Resort in Myrtle Beach evacuated the tower early Monday morning after a guest discovered a fire in a room closet.

According to the Myrtle Beach Fire Department, a guest in a room at the resort, located at 201 74th Ave. N, heard the fire alarm go off in a nearby room around 4 a.m. The guest discovered there was a small fire in the room's closet that seemed to be coming from a vent.

The man used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames, but the third floor was still filled with smoke.

Copyright 2010 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly