Myrtle Beach, SC - MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - There is a relatively new disease spreading in the Southeast. People are becoming allergic to red meat after being bitten by a tick.
Read some of the stories here:
WMBF News Anchor Danner Evans spoke to a woman who thought she was allergic to shellfish late in life until she went to the doctor for testing. She can't eat any meat. She has had some intense moments leading up to her diagnosis, including having her throat close off.
Plus, a local allergist talks about the cases he is seeing and what people should know about tick bites.
Watch WMBF News Thursday at 6 p.m. to find out more about bug bites causing deadly reactions.