Longs, SC - HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - An outstanding warrant round-up conducted by the Horry County Police Department this week has led to the arrest of nine people.
Sgt. Robert Kegler, spokesman for Horry County Police, said the nine were arrested Wednesday in the Freemont area of Longs for outstanding warrants and traffic violations.
The following people were taken into custody:
- Mary Dell Gibson, 51, of Longs - Charged with simple assault and battery
- Perry Lamont Jones, 35 - Charged with two counts of failure to appear, simple assault and battery
- Phillip Gillis II, 35, of Longs - Charged with failure to appear
- Dennis Demetricies Gibson, 32, of Longs - Charged with failure to appear
- Franklin Webster Gibson, 32, of Longs - Charged with contempt of family court
- Toraine Marcosse Williams, 37, of Longs - Charged with criminal domestic violence
- Shawn K. Hopkins, 37, of Longs - Charged with failure to appear
- George William Craig, 44, of Clarden, NC - Charged with public possession of open containers
- Jerry Albert McDowell, 44, of Conway - Charged with improper vehicle license, operating an uninsured vehicle, driving under suspension
Gillis, Hopkins and Craig are all currently out of jail on bond. The remaining suspects continue to be held at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center.