Smoking material sparks fire at Carver St. apartment

Myrtle Beach, SC - MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Firefighters took 10 minutes to control a fire at an apartment Thursday morning, according to officials with Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue.

Assistant Chief Dan Cimini said improperly extinguished smoking material sparked a fire at 1411 Carver St. around 7:30 a.m. Firefighters contained the flames to one apartment.

Crews shut down part of Carver Street for a short time to fight the fire.

Copyright 2010 WMBF News. All rights reserved.