Myrtle Beach, SC - MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – The 25 participants of Class 30 will graduate May 7 from Leadership Grand Strand during a ceremony at Pine Lakes Country Club.
A dinner honoring the class begins at 6:45 p.m., with graduation ceremonies starting at 7:30 p.m. A reception will be held from 6-6:30 p.m.
In addition, the Leadership Grand Strand Board of Regents Executive Committee for 2010-2011 will be announced: Julie Kopnicky, chair; Robert Blair, chair-elect; Carla Scheussler, secretary; and John Sawyer, treasurer. Hugh Huggins will serve as an at-large board member for one year.
The goal of the program, which is sponsored by the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, is to develop a corps of informed, committed and qualified individuals capable of providing dynamic leadership for the Grand Strand area.
For class participants to graduate, they must complete a nine-month program and a minimum of 100 hours of community service. This year, participants assisted the Salvation Army Angel Tree, Youth Leadership Academy, Horry County Disabilities and Special Needs Bike-A-Thon.
Graduates of Leadership Grand Strand Class 30 are:
- Johnnie Bellamy, Horry Georgetown Technical College
- William J. Bullen Jr., Burroughs & Chapin Company Inc.
- Edward T. Cligrow III, Carmine Communications
- Sean Michael Collins, Myrtle Beach Fire Department
- Kevin Cox, Horry Telephone Cooperative
- Travis Dupree, City of North Myrtle Beach
- Ryan P. Hannan, American Heart Association
- Scott Head, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
- Otto Louis Jansky III, Santee Cooper
- Scott Andrew Leister, Elliott Davis LLC
- Michelle A. Love, South Atlantic Bank
- O'Neil McCoy, Burroughs & Chapin Company Inc
- Margaret McLaughlin, Duncan, Farmer, Munden, McIlrath & Cobb P.A.
- Kevin James McWhirter, Ocean Lakes Family Campground
- Brent Joel Musick, The Conway National Bank
- Rhonda R. Phelps, First Citizens Bank
- Jessica Piezzo, SharedCare Inc.
- Dr. Brooke Pond, Discover Chiropractic
- Bobbei Seay, Brittain Management Company
- Cindy Singleton, Target Media
- Julie LeGette Sluss, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
- Jeff Small, LHWH Advertising
- Gregg H. Smith, Century 21 Broadhurst and Associates
- Gwendolyn Michelle Sutton, Burroughs & Chapin Company Inc.
- Peter C. Yahnis, Yahnis Company
Leadership Grand Strand is still accepting applications for the upcoming Class XXXI. Applications are available online at LeadershipGrandStrand.com and require three letters of reference, must be typed and are due by June 30. Tuition is $890 per person.
For more information, visit LeadershipGrandStrand.com or call (843) 916-7222.