HCFR: Cigarette sparks townhome fire in Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach, SC - MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Fire investigators say an improperly discarded cigarette led to a townhome fire in Myrtle Beach on Sunday afternoon.

Horry County Fire Rescue spokeswoman Leslie Yancey says 11 units were dispatched to the house located at 156 Olde Towne Way at 3:17 p.m. Fire investigators say flames spread from the outside of the building and extended into the interior of one townhome.

Horry County Fire Rescue determined the fire was sparked by a cigarette disposed of outside of the affected townhome. No injuries were reported.

Horry County firefighters were aided by the North Myrtle Beach Fire Department and the Murrells Inlet/Garden City Fire Department.

Copyright 2010 WMBF News. All rights reserved.