Myrtle Beach, SC - From the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce:
MYRTLE BEACH, SC – The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce and Myrtle Beach Area Hospitality Association have introduced Frontline Employees Week, April 11-17, to honor those who are the heart and soul of the Myrtle Beach area's business community.
Area municipalities have issued resolutions that declare April 11-17 as Frontline Employees Week.
April 11-17 is being set aside to recognize the contributions of more than 72,000 frontline workers and to provide activities and services designed to enhance their careers. During the week, frontline employees can pick up a bag filled with member discounts and other offers at the MBACC.
Each weekday a frontline employee representing various aspects of the tourism industry — lodging, dining and golf — will be featured on MyrtleBeachAreaChamber.com.
The following employees were selected from member nominations:
- April 12: Salsaritas Fresh Cantina staff
- April 13: Rich Bartram, assistant golf professional, Barefoot Resort & Golf
- April 14: Sandie Custer, guest service agent, Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach
- April 15: Deborah McIlrath, bartender, Chili's Grill & Bar (4401 N. Kings Hwy.)
- April 16: Esther Gilden, concierge, Lakewood Camping Resort
A guest service agent at Hampton Inn Broadway at the Beach since 1998, Custer stands at the front desk ready to handle anything that comes her way.
"We have guests that return year after year just to see Sandie," said Scott Martin, general manager. "When it comes to Sandie, I firmly believe that customer service is her way of life, not just part of her job."