Horry County, SC - HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - A new digital channel line-up on Time Warner Cable will soon be affecting how viewers tune into WMBF News and WMBF News Extra.
Time Warner Cable officials say the new digital line-up will rearrange digital channels above 100 into easy-to-find categories based on programming types.
WMBF News will be shown on Channel 120, and most customers will find WMBF News Xtra on Channel 121. Viewers in Georgetown County will also be able to catch WMBF News Xtra, a 24-hour news channel, on Channel 124.
The new channel line-up will be grouped as follows:
- 100s - Local Broadcasters and Local Programming
- 200s - Kids and Family, Learning and Discovery, Faith and Inspiration
- 300s - Entertainment, Home and Leisure, Shopping
- 400s - News and Information, Music
- 500s - Sports
- 600s - Movies
- 700s - Premiums, Pay-Per-View and Events
- 800s - International
- 900s - Music Choice
- 1000s - On Demand
- 1100 and above - High Definition
The new line-up is expected to launch for all South Carolina Time Warner Cable customers over a two-week period. Customers in Myrtle Beach and Florence will make the switch on April 14. Customers in Lumberton will see the programming changes begin on April 20.
The channel changes affect only TWC's digital tier. WMBF News will remain on Channel 10 for basic subscribers.