Official Contest Entry Rules/Regulations
Please read carefully!
1. All essays can be a maximum of 100 words in length, submitted in English, and must answer the question/statement: "Why my mom is the most magnificent mom I know!" Students should try to answer the questions: Who? What? When? Where? Why? In their responses, an example: My mom, Jane Dough, works as a school volunteer 20 hours per week and is always helping the students at our school.
2. Entries of 101 words or more will be disqualified.
3. All entries should be submitted on the entry forms and should include the following completed information: Your name, complete physical mailing address, phone number (day/night), email (if available), Mother's Name, Age, Occupation/Place of Employment, and an adult contact person who will coordinate the winner's prize delivery/award. This information will not count as part of the essay nor will not count as part of your 100 words. If you absolutely must tell us more about yourself, put it in a separate cover letter; but be advised that it will not be considered as part of your entry, and the actual judges may never see your cover letter.
4. Essays may be presented in any literary form (i.e., prose, poem, limerick, haiku, etc.) - your imagination is encouraged, and will be greatly appreciated by a group of judges that will have a tough enough time selecting a winner from the entries!
5. Contestants that wish to have their entries returned after a winner has been announced should include a self-addressed, stamped, appropriately-sized envelope. Entries not submitted in this manner become the property of Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament on May 10, 2010 and will not be returned.
6. The winners of the contest are scheduled to be announced on May 3, 2010.
7. The winners will be awarded two complimentary Medieval Times admission tickets as follows: one child (ages 3-12) and one adult (ages 12 and up) -OR- two adults for winners age 12-14.
8. This contest is open to all Horry and Georgetown county residents, ages 6-14 of the third planet from the Sun, and is null and void wherever prohibited by law. The decision of the judges is final. Note: this is a contest, not a lottery.
9. The owners of Medieval Times reserve the right to extend the deadline date or cancel the contest entirely in the unlikely event that we do not receive entries by the April 23rd, 2010 deadline date. Entrants can email the contest manager at: email@example.com for periodic updates.
10. Internet users will find the Medieval Times web site at: www.medievaltimes.com.
11. Each entrant should provide us with a full name, address, phone number, age and email address (if available).
12. Employees and immediate families of Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament, Waccamaw Publishing-The Carolina Forest Chronicle/The Myrtle Beach Herald, Qantum Radio Group-BOBFM and WMBF News are ineligible to enter/win this contest.
13. All entries should be hand delivered or mailed to: Attention: My Magnificent Mom Essay Contest, Medieval Times, 2904 Fantasy Way, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
14. All entries must be received by us no later than 3pm, April 23, 2010. Late entries will be disqualified. All essays entries are free.
15. Only one essay may be submitted by an individual, but entries may be submitted by other members of the same family.
16. Entries that are disqualified due to excessive length (over 100 words) or un-timeliness (received after May 5th ) will not be eligible for entry.
Medieval Times and our partners proudly present: "My Magnificent Mom" Essay Contest 2010 (essay must be 100 words or less).